Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Rembrance of Things Past

Lately the Blogosphere has been aflame with that always lurking old saw about how nice guys never win, at least when it comes to scoring pussy. Both Majikthise and Yglesias have seen fit to dip their toe in this ever contentious topic. You see, this topic, when it erupts, is usually even more contentious than the super contentiousness of issues like abortion and whether guys should still pay for dates. On the one hand you have the unmollifiable resentments of the involuntarily celibate who need some, nay any, rationalization for their inability to successfully sniff the uniquely pleasant odors of the renowned genus-species snapperis femalus. And on the other hand, you got the women who just don't want to fuck those guys. I don't really find these discussions that interesting any more, but I do take continuing insult at the implied notion that I'm some kind of "jerk," because I attempt to do that most ridiculously dickish maneuver, which is to try to get laid.

The Heartless Bitches pretty much wrote the definitive texts on this debate as far as I'm concerned, which can be read here. But back when I first started blogging, I myself wrote the now definitive text on how nice guys can better approach getting ass. Once you accept the dominant paradigm of the dating world that the vast majority of the populationa adheres to, than you must accept the unimpeachable effectiveness of my advice. If you want to get some ass, this is how it's done son. Rereading this, I'm surprised at how well this article holds up, because back then I wrote with much less confidence and much more second-guessing of myself. I wrote it when I first started blogging, long before I had much of my approach figured out, and jeez I think I'm better now, but I don't deny that there have been some growing pains along the way.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I left you a really big, detailed comment to this post -- didn't you get it??

Or did it embarass you and you erased it?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger jedmunds said...

It's in the other post I linked to in this post. I responded to it, but blogger ate it. I'll get around to reposting it, but I've got a pretty bad headache today and haven't been motivated to do much.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Duh! Yes you are right. Why did I do that??

You don't have to worry about re-posting it. The world will continue to spin without my comment showing up!

Hope you feel better today.....

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh! just read the advice and loved it. Didn't agree with every last bit, but that's ok; I'm a woman. I wouldn't expect to agree. I laughed out loud over your analogy to prison wardens.

Some of my friends have theorized that women LOVE an asshole because when he deigns to treat a woman nicely, she feels that much more queenly, but I'm not sure that's it. I think some very nice guys get ass, and i think i've been lucky in getting into the pants of some very nice guys. There does seem to be a conundrum that the biggest dickheads I know have bagged like 100 people apiece but who cares? I'm not worried about those dicks, they can worry about their own dicks, and they obviously are.

Haven't kept up like I did when I first found your blog. Ready any good books lately?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger jedmunds said...

Well like I was going to say before, before blogger ate my comment, was that I was trying to speak the language of my audience, and also recognize that you gotta walk before you can run. Meaning that a lot of "nice guys" I think need to change their frame of mind in terms of making the approach. The upper level stuff where you have to recognized that things are more complicated comes later. This is like 101 level stuff.

But to answer blue girls question, I'm not a fan of listening to a woman's advice regarding relationship stuff, at all, not just sexually, though there are obvious exceptions. I think I elaborate on the point here. http://jedmunds.blogspot.com/2005/04/some-relationship-advice-for-women-but.html.

Haven't read much lately, because I've had this splitting heachache for the past few days, and I can't think so good. I think I gave my self nicotine poisoning in my attempt to quit smoking by using the patch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home